[Yum-devel] rpm verify in YumInstalledPackages

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 25 22:33:18 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,
 here's another patch. If you get an installed package object you can
call pkg.verify() on it and it will do some of the checks you'd get from
rpm -V pkgname and hand you back a dict keyed on fn with the values
being the issues found. The results format is up in the air, it needs to
be a bit more object-y but it's not a bad start.

The patch is here:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/patches/installed-package-verify-start.patch

I'll probably clean it up a bit more, finish out the mode-checking from
rpmFiMode and then check it in. It's not invasive into any of our code
and could be useful for people doing all sorts of zany things.

James Antill suggested that I add a pattern arg to verify() which I did.
You pass a list of globs/files that you want  checked to it.

pkg.verify(['*bin/*', '*lib/*']) will check files matching those.

by default, of course, it checks them all.

Let me know what you think, this was actually easier than I thought it
would be so... :)