[Yum-devel] snapshots for rollbacks

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 19 21:18:05 UTC 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 4:01 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> You're not wrong, I was just describing what someone had told me they
> had done with a yum plugin and it was highly similar to the apt+zfs
> article. sorry for the confusion.
>
> LVM is not unique to the linux implementation. Several lvm mechanisms
> (on things like veritas for example) allow snap file system copies.

Needless to say, if there was a way to do safe FS-level RPM rollbacks,
lots and lots of people would be immensely pleased with that. :)

Of course, that is still rife with plenty of ways it can go horribly
wrong. E.g. what happens when a %post restarts a process, and then we
roll back the fs? Tricky stuff.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev