[Yum-devel] trivial yum-util

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 18 15:15:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 14:59 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 10:42:54AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > repodiff:
> >  http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/repodiff.py
> > - take 2 repos on the cli
> > - return the added, removed and modified pkgs
>
> Suggestion for a future improvement: allow it to take an arbitrary number of
> repos for old and an arbitrary number of repos for new. This lets you, for
> example, compare "fedora 6 + updates" to "centos 5 + updates", which I find
> very useful.

Done. I checked the new repodiff into git last night. You can find it
here:
http://devel.linux.duke.edu/gitweb/?p=yum-utils.git;a=blob;f=repodiff.py;h=79383897ffec4e6e502d526abe418b8abf3f3685;hb=eea69d48eaa8f0e71b416d63b858b9b096dd9c55

it does just what you suggested. Give it some tests, make sure I didn't
break anything obvious in the logic. It passed all my tests