[Yum-devel] plugins and pain

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 14 14:18:21 UTC 2008

Talking to Tim about plugins on the irc channel it occurred to me, to
keep interactive plugins from damaging not interactive program
executions we should keep from loading them, at all, ever.

However, we have to load them a bit to inspect what type of plugin they
are. What if we put the plugin type in the plugin config file. Scan the
config files for the type and ignore the ones which won't work for
whatever interface we're using at the time. If we don't find the plugin
type defined there then we can fallback to loading the plugin - for
compat reasons.

Thoughts?