[Yum-devel] update nags in yum

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 1 16:47:53 UTC 2008

I had a silly thought as the year ticked over last night. - Would it
make sense for us to put in an update nag for yum in yum with a hard
date in it. So, for example, if 3.2.12 is released in march 2008, we
have a check in the startup of the code that says 'if the date is >
march 2011, print out a nag warning to stderr that this version of yum
is quite old and maybe you should look for a newer one or ask your
distribution vendor for an update'. It'd be easy to disable, of course,
but it might be worth while just to catch people like those we know are
still running rhl9 or fc1.

So, silly thought?