[Yum-devel] RFC: Possible solutions for multiple nevra pkgs with different pkgKey's

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Feb 13 10:44:12 UTC 2008

Hi James, hi Seth,

Am Sonntag, 10. Februar 2008 schrieb James Antill:
>  So atm. it's possible for create repo to create metdata which has the
> same nevra pkg (with the same pkgId) multiple times.
>
> 1. Add an argument to parsePackages() to give "unique" results based on
> just repo.id and pkg.pkgKey, used just be excludes atm.
>
>  I've done #1, and it's available:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/jantill/yum/yum-exclude-all-pkgs.patch

404..

I tried to apply your patch from the original thread, but that didn't apply
to yum/__init__.py, neither from 3.2.10 nor from 3.2.11, but semantically
applying it finally succeeded. Attached for reference.

I can confirm, that it fixed my problem, by restoring the symlinks on that
repo, and it didn't try to install/update anything excluded. Temporarily
excluding the excludes seems to install/update the correct packages. All
behaving as expected.

I'm finally enjoying the fastest yum in existence.

Thanks a lot,
Pete