[Yum-devel] signature checking issue if key is installed during session

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:38:41 UTC 2008

Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Am Freitag, 8. Februar 2008 schrieb Dr. Peter Poeml:
>> On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:22:27AM +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
>>> In spite of the fact that yum installed the key in a correct way, it
>>> failed to use it in the same session, and succeeds in subsequent
>>> sessions only.
>>>
>>> Now imagine, that you need to set up a new machine with say, 20 missing
>>> keys. That leads to a very boring work flow.
>>>
>>> I cannot believe, that this behavior is due to my setup.
>> I don't think so either, because it happens to me also.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation. Could somebody from the kind audience sitting
> infront of a fedora latest setup try to reproduce this issue, please?
>
> It could still be related to some SUSE rpm tweaks after all, as I'm sure,
> Peter is running some kind of SUSE setup also ;-).
>
>> (But I'm using an ancient yum (2.4.2) and I wasn't sure that it happens
>> with recent yum, but it seems like that!)
>
> Yes, that's what if meant with "rather long standing"..
>
> Peter, do you want updated packages¹? Since 2.4.2 happened a lot, but the
> lastest improvements are really astonishing!
>
> I couldn't believe the response times on the first few queries / dependancy
> solver runs. Given, that the alternatives were already slower or only
> marginally faster before (IIRC), it will be hard for them to catch up now,
> I believe ;-).
>
> That's why I'm eagerly awaiting those two issues fixed.
>
> Pete
>
> ¹) They consist of a few new dependant packages besides yum, but you need to
> rebuild the latter, because I carry my local setup within yum.spec,
> deactivated the dbus based updatesd (ahh looks, like it went into a package
> of its own now), and reanimated the former cron controlled automatic
> update, since it better fits my simple needs. I'm sorry, I should have
> thrown it on the build service already, but...

It is working without problems in Fedora 8

after deleting all GPG's in the RPM db.

[tim at hoth ~]$ sudo yum install gftp
Excluding Packages from Fedora 8 - x86_64 - Test Updates
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package gftp.x86_64 1:2.0.18-7.fc8 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

  Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
Size
Installing:
  gftp                    x86_64     1:2.0.18-7.fc8   fedora
947 k

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 947 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
(1/1): gftp-2.0.18-7.fc8. 100% |=========================| 947 kB
00:01
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
Importing GPG key 0x4F2A6FD2 "Fedora Project <fedora at redhat.com>" from
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Importing GPG key 0xDB42A60E "Red Hat, Inc <security at redhat.com>" from
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
   Installing: gftp                         ######################### [1/1]

Installed: gftp.x86_64 1:2.0.18-7.fc8

Tim