[Yum-devel] Minor update on speed of yum

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 25 07:15:04 UTC 2008

Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 09:53 +0200, Terje Røsten wrote:
>>> python-iniparse faster to gain any more speed :).
>> Just saw this:
>>
>>  http://pyfig.alecwh.com/
>>
>> Might be faster than iniparse.
>>

> unless I'm misreading it doesn't handle the config file format we use,
> does it?
>
> -sv

nope, it don't handle [sections] and it can't write stuff back to disk.
it can only do
# Comment
option = value # comment

into {'option' : value}

not a full blown ConfigParser replacement like python-iniparse. The idea
  behind the introduction parse inparse was to be able to write back the
ini file to disk without losing any formatting and comments. I think
that James comments about making iniparse faster was a kind of a joke or
else i has to ask upstream to recode it in assembler :)

Tim