[Yum-devel] $releasever non-interpolation in mirrorlist queries (yum 3.2.8 - centos5)

James Antill james at fedoraproject.com
Thu Aug 7 20:06:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 14:41 -0400, Charlie Brady wrote:

> strace shows that the "5" is not being interpolated into the mirror list
> query:

> The 'base' repo is specified in-line (old style) in /etc/yum.conf:
>
> [base]
> enabled=1
> mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
> name=CentOS - os
> gpgcheck=1
> enablegroups=0
> exclude=kernel kernel-smp kernel-xenU mkinitrd mdadm initscripts
>
> If I move the in-line repo spec, and put it in a .repo file, then the
> mirrorlist lookup succeeds, so it seems that interpolation

 Indeed, the fix was commit c01b4f4ae75c2a1c512e4ee05523e164484d5fdd
from Feb 25th (simple search for yum.conf finds it).
 Obviously this missed the 5.2 window (closed mid-january), and as you
say it doesn't affect anything outside of yum.conf (which is best
practice).

 It'll presumably be fixed whenever RHEL updates yum again, you shoudl
speak to your support representative to be sure though.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.com>
Fedora