[Yum-devel] _compare_providers() and testcases

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 2 07:13:16 UTC 2008

Hey folks,
 We found a bunch of brokeness in the _compare_providers() method
introduced in 3.2.13. Lots of oddball cases and some loops that happen
for odd reasons. So after some discussion in gibbering in corners we
decided to score each providing package vs the other package then take
the package with the best score.

The patch that does this is here:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/patches/yum-compare_providers-scoring.patch

However, when I run the test cases I get 5 failed tests

1 of them is unrelated. It's related to update() needing some more magic
2 of them appear to be a multilib case not sorting properly, which I'm
working on fixing now.
3 of them appear to be bogus assertions in the testcases, at least as
how I'm reading them.

apply the above patch and give the test cases a run, let me know what
you think.

thanks,

I only speak for me.