[Yum-devel] yum-utils proposed plugin disable-excludes

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 26 01:30:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 17:49 -0400, James Antill wrote:
> I've attached a proposed plugin for inclusion in yum-utils, it's main
> use is to allow easy removal of excludes.
>  It also have adds a "list excludes" command, so you can see exactly
> what you are excluding.
>
>  Comments?

This doesn't feel like a plugin behavior to me. It feels like core
behavior. Though yum list excludes feels like it is listing what you've
got described as the config in excludes - not what pkgs are excluded.

so I'd say:

 1. redo it as a patch to core
 2. yum list excluded
 3. I'm not sure I'm keen on yum --disable-excludes=repos rather than
something like: yum --disable-excludes=[global, repoid, all]

But I think as a patch to core this might make more sense.