[Yum-devel] protectrhn plugin

James Antill jantill at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 15:21:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 16:41 +0200, Tony Scholes wrote:

> I suppose that would be another solution, but I'm not clear what the
> approach would be.
>
> The rhn-plugin has no repo config file in /etc/yum.repos.d, although I
> suppose one (or several in fact since several channels are presented as
> repositories) could be created as a dummy config files to include protect=1
> in but then yum will probably complain that it can't connect to the repo.

 Well although I can't find it right now, I remember someone asking for
per. repo. exclude configuration with RHN ... which again wasn't
possible because of the "virtual repo files". So while having dummy
config. files in /etc/yum/yum.repos.d is probably a bad idea, having
some way to pull in per. repo configuration will probably solve multiple
problems (and more in the future, no doubt).

--
James Antill <jantill at redhat.com>