[Yum-devel] [urlgrabber] ext auth headers patch

Alan Milligan alan at balclutha.org
Mon Sep 10 10:43:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

There's some changes in the urllib2 reduce_uri function of the
HTTPPasswdMgr between Python 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5 which are giving
inconsistent results for doing extended basic auth header processing
with urlgrabber.

In the python2.4 implementation, when urllib2 is chomping up the domain
component to register against the realm, it requires the scheme to be
present.  urlgrabber isn't doing this, just passing the host, which is
then abandoned, and thus no credentials get found for the url when a 401
is thrown.  The Python 2.5 urllib2 implementation does appear to be a
little smarter.

I'd appreciate if this patch could be applied and another devel points
release made ASAP as I don't really want to fork urlgrabber.

Cheers, Alan