[Yum-devel] Re: making package-cleanup not complain about repositories?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Oct 9 14:32:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 10:48:56AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> So, right now, every time you run package-cleanup, you get
> No Repositories Available to Set Up
> on stderr. This is confusing to people -- it seems like an error message.
> It should probably be suppressed in some way....

Let me be more clear in my question. I think it's obvious that this message
is very confusing in package-cleanup. It's coming from doSetup in repos.py,
where it's logged as "critical". The package-cleanup code seems to make an
attempt to only set up repositories if you're doing something with them, but
it apparently also gets triggered in doTsSetup somewhere. I note that
doTsSetup logs a YumFutureDeprecationWarning -- perhaps replacing that in
package-cleanup with whatever is supposed to be done instead will solve the
problem?