[Yum-devel] Obsoletes Test Cases

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 18:48:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 05:59:15PM +0200, Florian Festi wrote:
> Florian Festi wrote:
> >Yeah, the package names are a bit short, most likely a bit too short.
> >But I didn't want to invest too many key presses while still figuring
> >out how the test must look like. Now that things settle down I should go
> >over the tests with query/replace to make them human reconcilable...
>
> Done and pushed.
>
> Be aware that there is another branch ("future") on top that contain
> changes that might not be suitable for immediate merging.
>
> Those changes add a new make target "testnewbehavior" that runs the same
> test cases but compares the results to other (former commented out) pkg
> lists. This branch might be a starting point for a yum-3.3 branch.
>
> It also cleans up depsolving test cases.

I finally got off my arse and looked through these patches. I was wary
at first about using more classes from yum proper to support testing
other classes, but it's really not bad at all, and there's like 50 more
tests (still running under half a second for me!), so that's hard to
argue with. I pushed ffesti/gold to the yum repo. Nice work, Florian.

So when do we start getting these tests to pass? ;)

-James