[Yum-devel] Re: [Linux at Duke Project Wiki] Update of "YumTodo" by JeremyKatz

James Antill jantill at redhat.com
Tue May 22 20:57:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 16:30 -0400, James Bowes wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2007 18:54:25 -0000, wiki-noreply at linux.duke.edu wrote:
> >      * changelog?
> >      * tsflags?
> >    * yum list vendors
> > +  * how can we cut down on the metadata download?
>
> I would love to get this solved in time for F8. My thoughts so far have
> been to craft up some delta metadata format, where for each of
> primary/filelists/other you would have a file like so:

 I agree it'd be a great fix to solve this, but the big problem I see
here is that you'll have to have a _lot_ of delta files.
 I guess, in theory, we could combine update files removing duplicates
etc. (assuming it's done in a way so that yum doesn't redownload
everything when X deltas are combined) ... or we could have yum get
metadata via. rsync ;)

--
James Antill <jantill at redhat.com>