[Yum-devel] Re: New plugin: localrepos

Robert Spanton rds204 at zepler.net
Fri May 18 15:45:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 11:33:59 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> This is very cool and definitely something that's been needed.  I
> wonder, though, if instead of pulling full config information, if it
> just makes sense to have repoid->baseurl mapping present.  That would
> make it so that you don't have to worry about forbidden settings or
> overwriting other things people have set for the repo (eg,
> include/exclude packages)

Yes, I agree.  I've changed my code so that it will only grab the baseurl
setting.

> I wonder if the best thing to do here is to just set things up as a
> mirrorlist using non-roundrobin failover.  Then, the mirrorlist could be
> populated with the local mirror and then either the baseurl or a
> pre-shuffled mirrorlist.

I've just had a bit more of a look at the way that mirrors get set-up in
yum, and have changed the way that I add the mirror to be:

  repo.baseurl.insert( 0, setting[0] )

(where setting[0] is the mirror URL).  It seems to work - but I've no
idea if this is the best way to do it.

These changes are in the same git repository as last time (http://
users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~rds204/yum-avahi/.git).

Rob