[Yum-devel] 3.2

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed May 16 13:23:23 UTC 2007

If we're going to do a 3.2 and have it in f7 we need to do it now or as
an update later. I've been looking through the diffs from 3.1.7 to head
and the set isn't too invasive. Here are the items so far in head:

- repolist (new command)
- api compat changes in yum-updatesd
- changing the order of the parsing in yum-updatesd to speed up start up
time
- change in yum/__init__.py to not setup a repo unnecessarily when
handling comps
- big patch to update_md.py for the new updates-information system and
ultimately the security plugin.
- minor patch to make repo.urls set-able and un-settable to be compat
with api and plugins.

Of those the only one I'm really unsure about is the update_md.py but
since the only way to get it tested is by use it seems like we need to
have this out.

I'm going to merge in one more patch from Christoph Thiel which fixes a
debugging issue.

I know we still have an outstanding problem with presto, iirc, are we
lodged against anything else completely critical?