[Yum-devel] New plugin: localrepos

Robert Spanton rds204 at zepler.net
Sat May 12 03:08:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

A few months ago, I wrote a plugin for yum that allows local mirrors of
yum repositories to be used by grabbing config information over avahi.
I've been using it since then, as have a few of my housemates, and it's
worked reasonably well.

I've stuck it in a Git repository.  This should get it:

git clone http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~rds204/yum-avahi/.git

There are certainly a few bugs in it :-)  I wasn't sure what the best
combination of setting/clearing/modding the baseurl and mirrorlist was to
force yum to use the local mirrors (whilst still falling back on the
other mirrors).

I accidentally sent this to the yum list rather than the yum-devel list
when I first wrote it - I only just realised this.  It would be cool if
it were considered for inclusion in yum-utils.

Enjoy,

Rob Spanton