[Yum-devel] post 3.2.0 things to think about

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Thu May 3 02:44:28 UTC 2007

James Bowes wrote:
> I've been working on this as a plugin, as a matter of fact. Right now it
> sucks for most cases. If anyone is interested in playing with it in its
> broken state, I can put the git repo online this evening.

I put a little more work into this tonight, to where it is probably
useful for some people. The code is at:
http://git.dangerouslyinc.com/egregious-remove

For example, 'yum erm serpentine' will pick up a bunch of cd/gstreamer
related python bindings for removal.

It still fails for my primary use case, removing kde related programs.
'yum erm kdiff3' should pick up both kdelibs and kdnssd-avahi. However,
it misses both, as kdiff3 depends on kdelibs, kdelibs depends on
kdnssd-avahi, and kdnssd-avahi depends on kdelibs. Good times.

-James