[Yum-devel] 3.2.X and stuff to do

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu May 3 02:01:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 12:53 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Hey folks,
>   I was thinking some about 3.2.x and after. So a couple of options:
[snip]
> 2. don't branch, release 3.2.0 off of HEAD and continue working on HEAD
> but w/o breaking the API while we stabilize and work on new items.

So I've alluded to this some, but I really lean towards this option.

The big reasons why I think it makes sense...
1) I don't think we have any really huge world breaking things that we
want to do.  Lots of incremental improvements, lots of bug fixing and
lots of speed ups
2) If we go this route, we can regularly push these changes back for
users of F7.  This means end users will get the improvements we're
making faster.

The second is really the big win in my mind.

Jeremy