[Yum-devel] post 3.2.0 things to think about

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 2 20:17:28 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> Any of those things seem cool or silly?

What would be cool, is the following behaviour:

1. I run "yum install foo"
2. libbar, libbaz, and libquux are installed as deps
3. I decide I don't like foo, and run "yum erase foo"
4. Yum looks at "requires" and offers to remove all those that don't
have any other dependencies among installed packages. I.e. if no other
package requires libbar, libbaz, or libquux, I'm offered a choice to
remove them.

This is probably going to be a pain in the ass to implement, and
probably will be better suited for a gui, but it'd be a neat feature,
as my installed base grows with time due to various orphaned deps.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec