[Yum-devel] Sqlite performance

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Mar 23 18:35:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 15:51 +0100, Florian Festi wrote:

> I see absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be possible in the search
> methods. Of course you would have to move the .inPrcoRange() code into the
> package sack. In fact the rpmsack supports just that (whatProvides(),
> whatRequires()).

It is possible in the search method, except it'll mean doing the same
operation inside the sack anyway. Putting it per-package object means
that no matter the type of sack we're using it'll work. I'll be happy to
give it a try if it'll help speed things up further.

> If the sqlitesack and the transaction (as virtual sack representing the
> future rpmdb) provide this interface, too, the resolver will look much
> cleaner and changes on 'who searches where' will be much easier.

A sack object from the txmbr's in the tsInfo would be useful. I've
thought of that, too. However, it seems like we would need to be able to
get back a ListPackageSack based on:
  - ts state
  - pkg nevra
  - all

I might be able to whip up a simple method to let us interact with it as
a PackageSack so we can use the same methods. But that's even more
reason the search method needs to be independent of the type of sack it
is.