[Yum-devel] Plugin interface to add yumvars?

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Mar 19 14:48:05 UTC 2007

I would like to write a plugin to be able to add vars to the 'yumvars' hash. I
would like to have a yum repo like this:

    [dell-machinespecific]
    baseurl=http://linux.dell.com/repo/machine_specific/system-$dellsystemid

But the problem I see is that there is no place where the plugins get called
between where yumvars is set (readMainConfig()) and where it is used
(getReposFromConfig()):

    --> yum/__init__.py  doConfigSetup():
    self.conf = config.readMainConfig(startupconf)
    self.yumvar = self.conf.yumvar
    self.getReposFromConfig()

The only way I can see to do this is really ugly. Any suggestions?

--
Michael Brown