[Yum-devel] A not reproduceable dependency bug with pirut + [FeatureRequest] yum fixdeps / yum reinstall

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 04:51:19 UTC 2007

I suddenly came upon a bug which I couldnt reproduce -> I installed
packages through pirut and the installation appeared as succeed ..
however, when I tried to run one of those applications, I got missing
libs error ... and when I checked, _all_ packages that I installed
together with that app missing some libraries too ....
"package-cleanup --problems" shows me alot of missing dependencies ..

Having a reinstall/fixdeps option would help a lot in fixing errors
like this (if suddenly it happens to some users) :

example, running a command similar like this to reinstall all those
broken packages
yum reinstall `package-cleanup --problems|awk '{print $2}'`

or perhaps just a command like this to fix everything
yum fixdeps

Just in case if this matter -> I'm on Fedora rawhide

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru