[Yum-devel] Yum 3.1.3 released

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Mar 1 19:52:08 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

 We've been working diligently on fixing bugs, optimizing wherever we
can and cleaning up old code and we've gotten some good results. Hence
this release.

Big changes:
 - more depsolver fixes on the new depsolver - it's probably working
more accurately now, we hope. :)

 - properties - if you're using the yum module for doing any programming
we've gotten rid of all of the need for things like doConfigSetup(),
doRepoSetup(), doSackSetup(), etc. You can just reference the attribute
you want and python properties will set it up for you automatically with
the default config options. You can still call those functions, of
course, but you only need to call them if you want to pass them
different configuration options.

 - speed ups. We've made a lot of changes to our calls to query the
sqlite dbs. Trimming out a lot of fat and also dumping some downright
silly ways of doing things.

Let us know what breaks, especially with the depsolver.

tarball:
 http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/3.1/yum-3.1.3.tar.gz

srpm:
 http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/3.1/yum-3.1.3-1.src.rpm