[Yum-devel] [patch] PackageSackBase.getProvides/getRequires

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 10:09:46 UTC 2007

Florian Festi wrote:
> FYI: I moved the searches on the transaction to the
> transactioninfo.TransactionData class where they look much better now.
> There also are .getNewProvides/Requires(), .getOldProvides/Requires()
> methods with are useful at some places in the depsolver. LocalInstall
> pkgs will also be handled within the TransactionData which will keep
> them in a PackageSack for  faster searching (will need "Dynamic Indexes"
> patch).
>
> Patch will follow as soon as I have divided the changes to
> transactioninfo into 3 different patches. (getProvides, removedmembers,
> .depends_on->sets)

Here is the part that matters for this topic. The .depends_on->sets is
already posted to the list. Will back port the removedmembers part soon as
it might be of interest for the 3.2.1 release.

I am still a bit unsure about the "right" (tm) way of detecting local
install packages as SqliteSack can take any class to build its POs from.

Can anyone comment on that?

Florian Festi