[Yum-devel] new simple "protectyum" plugin

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jun 12 15:38:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:30:52AM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Anyway, assuming that's a bug that will be fixed, is there anything else
> > other than openssh-server that might make sense to protect in general?
> FWIW, the protect list in pirut is
> remove_blacklist = ('yum', 'pirut', 'glibc', 'rpm-libs', 'rpm',
> 'kernel', 'kernel-xen', 'kernel-PAE')

Preventing pirut from removing itself makes sense, but is dodgy in a base
plugin. And glibc, rpm-libs, and rpm are covered by yum.

The kernel list presents an interesting situation -- maybe that needs
something more specific which protects DEFAULTKERNEL from
/etc/sysconfig/kernel? Because I'd be annoyed about kernel-PAE. :)