[Yum-devel] [Patch] Resolver Performance and Correctness

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 09:33:31 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 11:11 +0200, Florian Festi wrote:
>> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>> Should be fine.  This is the sort of thing that becomes a lot easier to
>>> integrate with separated out patchsets :)
>> Ok, this also contains a small speed up for .getMembers() but it should be a
>> bit smaller than the original patch...
>
> Applied the getMembers() change.  After thinking a little more, I wonder
> if we want to define an AppendableSet and use that for depends_on and
> related_to.  At the same time, I can't find anything directly modifying
> them so we're probably okay avoiding that overhead.  Any other opinions?
>
> Jeremy

The code looks quite unfinished (removes of transaction members are not
honored, not all relations are added) so I doubt it is used anywhere (except
in the SortableTransactionData). I also don't see any reason why someone
else than the resolver should add relations and why they shouldn't use
.setAsDep().

The change doesn't affect the performance of smaller operations at all. But
for an full install the lists use up 400 of 1000 seconds IIRC.

Florian