[Yum-devel] [Slightly OT] anaconda - "available but NOT upgraded" logging

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 17:48:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 10:40 -0400, Charlie Brady wrote:
> This is an anaconda question, but purely concerning the yum backend, I
> think.

Probably pretty off-topic, yeah.  But quick answer anyway :-)

> anaconda 10 used to log into upgrade.log all packages which were available
> but not upgraded. anaconda 11 doesn't, and I miss that behaviour.
>
> Would someone mind taking a moment to give me some quick pointers as to
> where and how I can generate this log? I'm sure I can work out the details
> if pointed in the right direction.

We used to iterate over the hdlist file and just spit out what we hadn't
installed.  You could do similar in the yum backend by walking the
pkgSacks.  But it just seemed as though it were less and less useful.
In fact, you're the first person to have mentioned something about it
going away ;-)

Jeremy