[Yum-devel] [Patch] Resolver Performance and Correctness

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Jun 6 14:57:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 10:24 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> >
> > The other thing that would be nice (and you alluded to below) would be
> > actually splitting into a patch series.  As it stands right now, it's a
> > good sized diff and it's hard to analyze pieces independently.  Which
> > really is important both for review and later bisection in case of
> > problems.  I know it makes things a lot less fun as you have to do
> > things like move old code around first and then replace it, but it will
> > make things a lot clearer.  And fwiw, either using quilt or doing a
> > local import to a git or hg or bzr repo makes doing things like this a
> > lot simpler.
>
> <thread hijack>
> Would be even nicer if yum code was in git/hg repository to begin with :)
>
> Pretty please?
> </thread hijack>

I'll say what I've continued to say:
 Which one is going to be the 'winner' git or hg? I've looked at both
and for yum's purposes they appear to be indistinguishable.

So, what's the preference these days? Are the cool kids using git or hg?

I'm going to go read the cvs->$scm docs and see which annoys me the
least.