[Yum-devel] ranked multiterm searching

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 15:40:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:26:36 -0400, James Antill wrote:
> > So, who's going to implement proper arguments for yum subcommands?
>
>  So this is probably a good point to bring up a patch I've done to add
> generic "sub command" handling to yum.
>  My main push was to allow plugins to register sub-commands, like "list
> foo" etc.
>  Extending this so that it processes arguments too is probably the way
> to go, if we want that.

I'm a fan of Thomas Vander Stichele's command code[1], which handles
hierarchical levels of subcommands, per-subcommand arguments, etc. It
would be nice if we could use that as is, adapted it to work with
yum's existing command code (for older plugins) and had new plugins
target that command code.

-James

[1] https://apestaart.org/moap/trac/browser/trunk/moap/extern/command