[Yum-devel] ranked multiterm searching

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 11:24:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 00:27:24 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> I implemented a ranked multi-term search routine in searchGenerator()

> Cons:
>  - b/c you have to sort the search results after you get them it slows
> down the results and partially defeats the purpose of the generator, at
> all.
>  - the more terms you add the slower it gets for obvious reasons.

Another con for me is that it takes the union of the results, rather
than the intersection. While adding more search terms does give me
better results at the top of the list, the list is longer and so harder
to sort through. Though I am willing to accept that I'm the only person
who'd want the intersection ;)

-James