[Yum-devel] sqlite full text search extensions

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Jun 1 13:50:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 13:44 +0100, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> I've built sqlite with load extensions and fts1 and fts2 into rawhide:
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=FullTextIndex
>
> I was wondering if these would be useful for speeding up yum search
> behaviour? I don't really have time to benchmark right now but thought
> I'd give some pointers:

can we count on this feature being enabled in all sqlite? And if it is
not there can we detect for it?

How long does the virtual table create take on a big repo?
How much space does it take. The search isn't bad now, I'm curious how
much of a net win we get once we factor in making this virtual table