[Yum-devel] Updated repository/Next refactoring steps/Request for review

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 02:04:08 UTC 2007

Hi Florian:

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:27:06PM +0200, Florian Festi wrote:
> @Everyone: Please checkout from scratch again (tree is also rebased)

So I played around with the ffesti branch/patch series tonight, and
everything looks good to me. I'd say this is ok to merge, with the
exception of the sqlite index workaround.

That said, I have a few minor nits, some of which are with the code
surrounding your changes, rather than your changes themselves. None of
these should stop your patches from being merged, IMO:
 * There are some decent sized chunks of commented out code that should
   just be removed.
 * We should replace the 'return 0' and 'return 1' with real booleans.
 * It would be nice to have better names for get(Old|New)Provides and
   Requires (I can't think of any myself, however).
 * Likewise for tsInfo.setDatabases (maybe make this two calls?)
 * 3 of the depsolve unit tests fail, but only because the fake rpmdb is
   missing the new calls.

Nice work.

-James