[Yum-devel] Updated repository/Next refactoring steps/Request for review

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 20:15:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 02:26:55PM -0500, Michael E Brown wrote:
> Sorry, semi-new to git, so a couple of stupid questions...

No need to be sorry :)

> >  * the config option diff.color will show trailing whitespace on a 'git
> >    dif' before commit.
>
> Command to enable?

git config --global diff.color auto

--global means that the option will be set in your ~/.gitconfig file,
and so used for all git repos you work on.

auto will detect if your terminal supports color, and only colorize when
it does.

> >  * apply.whitespace can rip out trailing whitespace when applying
> >    patches from others
>
> ditto.

git config --global apply.whitespace strip

> >  * enabling the default pre-commit hook (chmod +x .git/hooks/pre-commit)
> >    will prevent you from commiting changesets with trailing whitespace by
> >    default.
>
> Quick question: is there anything you can do on the server side which
> will force/default this commit hook to be executable by default? (I ask
> because I would like to do this for my other repositories that I am
> upstream for...)

Not sure about this one. Maybe you could use the update hook on the
server side.

-James