[Yum-devel] Updated repository/Next refactoring steps/Request for review

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 07:49:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 04:05:30PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 12:58 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > > I synced my personal repository to the new, shiny, yum git repository. The
> > > web interface can still be found at:
> >
> >  I looked through the diffs and there is just too much there to accept
> > as one patch.
>
> The ffesti branch is actually nicely broken up into small patches that
> can be individually looked at and later bisected if necessary to find
> where a problem crept in.

Hello Jeremy and Seth,

It would be very good if those base patches that cannot break existing
code could be merged.

> The resolveDeps branch, though, is still a bit painful looking to wade
> through.

Right, this needs a real devel branch and some time to look at.
We should check how far unit tests can be built for this and
also how we can use automatic testing of updates and whole
release upgrades to get this code more tested.

regards,

Florian La Roche