[Yum-devel] yum in git

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 24 16:37:36 UTC 2007

Hi folks,
 I've done the legwork to convert yum over to using git for its source
code management. A couple of things to cover:

 1. I'm not a git expert nor even a git amateur.

 2. This is mostly as a response to the desires of other developers so
if you hear me cursing from time to time it's b/c I hate everyone. :)

 3. If you expect me to understand $advanced_distributed_scm_feature
when you want me to see something you've worked on you'll find my
interest waning rather rapidly.

 4. I don't work on yum to be good at using git. Nor did I work on yum
to be good at using cvs or svn or hg. They are just means to an end. If
I find I'm spending a lot of time screwing around fighting with git (I'm
going to exclude this week b/c that's ALL I've done this week) we may
see this distributed-scm-experiment come to a shrieking and sudden halt.

So, with no further ado:

Anonymous access to git do the following:

            for yum:
	   git clone http://linux.duke.edu/yum/git/yum.git

            for yum-utils:
	   git clone http://linux.duke.edu/yum/git/yum-utils.git

            for yum-metadata-parser:
	   git clone http://linux.duke.edu/yum/git/yum-metadata-parser.git

            for yum-updatesd:
            git clone http://linux.duke.edu/yum/git/yum-updatesd.git

To update once you've gotten it.

            git pull

Web based Source Access - GitWeb
Git Web is available from: http://devel.linux.duke.edu/gitweb/

Committer Access
If you're a committer your access is using ssh. You can access the git
trees via:

git clone ssh://login.linux.duke.edu/home/groups/yum/git/$module_name.git

Thanks,