[Yum-devel] git repository with Depsolver changes

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 13:40:32 UTC 2007

Hi!

As I start loosing track of my depsolver patches and to offer a an more
convenient way for viewing, reviewing and testing (and a sane development
environment) I put the patches into a git repository. It can be found at
http://www.jur-linux.org/git/?p=yum-ffesti.git
I attached a few notes about what was changed and why and what has to be
figured out yet.

Reviews, comments, bug reports and success stories are welcome.

I am currently working on merging ._mytscheck() into .resolveDeps() and to
change ._check*() methods to return package object instead of tuples. This
allowed to reduce .processReq to just 17 lines (including empty lines and
comments). This has also a surprisingly strong performance impact (see
attachment, last column - the performance decrease for remove glibc will be
fixed soon).
Additionally it reduces the depsolver by 200 lines and I am quite confident
that it can be simplified even a lot more.

I hope these changes can hit the repository tomorrow.

Have fun!

Florian