[Yum-devel] cfgparse

Paramjit Oberoi psoberoi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:08:20 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm the author of the 'cfgparse' library that is being discussed here.
 Debarshi brought the discussion to my attention.  I'm referring to
the library at www.cs.wisc.edu/~param/... - the same which that Tim
Lauridsen wants to add to the codebase.

I haven't worked on this library much recently, but given the
interest---and Debarshi's offer to help with the maintainence---I'm
thinking of resurrecting it and fixing a handful of bugs that I've
gotten email about over the last 1-2 years.  I am planning to move it
to a publically accessible repository and do some more active
maintainence.

I would also like to resolve the naming problem.  Since there is
another project on sourceforge with the same name, and very similar
functionality, I think the best way out might be for me to pick a
different name.  Some names I was thinking about:

  config
  cfgfile
  inifile
  iniparser
  iniparse

What do you all think about the overall plan, and about the naming issue?

-param