[Yum-devel] DBVERSION minor number support

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 12:30:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 08:08 -0400, James Bowes wrote:
> What follows are two patches (one for yum, one for yum-metadata-parser)
> to support reading a DBVERSION minor number, as discussed with respect
> to delta metadata.
>
> This way, if the agreement is that we want such behaviour, we can add it
> in now, and have a release out in the wild before such a DBVERSION
> change happens.

I wonder if it makes more sense to specify the minor as a separate value
in the repomd and in the db.  Given that the idea is that minor version
updates aren't incompatible, then we're not introducing an
incompatibility while adding the minor as we can just check for
existence and then the value rather than breaking the equality checks we
use

Jeremy