[Yum-devel] how long to hold on to a mirrorlist

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 2 05:56:38 UTC 2007

Hi folks,
 I was working on some changes to download and save the mirrorlists to a
file in each repo dir so we can draw from there instead of always having
to hit the network, like with -C or with a user-call. Anwyay - I was
wondering what people thought we should use as enough time to avoid
hitting the mirror? Is the metadata_expire time a reasonable default to
use for the mirrorlist, too or should we define another config option
for mirrorlist expiration?

welcome to hear preferences.