[Yum-devel] yum 3.0.2

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Jan 4 18:37:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 12:53 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> yah - it's this call:
>

>  self.up.rawobsoletes = self.pkgSack.returnObsoletes(newest=True)
>
> in doUpdatesSetup()
>
> It's creating 2 ListPackageSack Instances in each of these cases. I'm
> going to add a little debug timing info in here and try some
> optimizations.

okay did a little more digging.

when you call returnObsoletes() on a SqliteSack it does a sql call to
grab all the obsoletes at once and then it puts them into the dict it
needs as the return. Pretty straightforward.

when you call returnObsoletes() on a ListPackageSack it iterates each of
the package objects's obsoletes lists and puts them into a dict.

so we need to speed up the latter. I'm going to play as bit and see what
can be done.