[Yum-devel] depreciated functions - what should be used

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Fri Feb 23 22:24:24 UTC 2007

Howdy,
There are several functions in rpmsack.py that have been depricated.
The problem is I can't figure out what I'm supposed to use instead of
those functions, the deprication warning message doesn't say, and I've
been google searching for quite a while with no success.

Here is the function I want to use
getHdrList()
Which I am using to get a list of all the currently installed rpms with
this call
conduit.getRpmDB().getHdrList()

I even looked at the cvs logs, hoping maybe they gave a hint as to what
I was supposed to use, but all it said when these were put in was
"emit deprecation warnings for annoying functions in rpmsack/rpmdbholder"

What am I supposed to use instead of getHdrList()?

Troy