[Yum-devel] problemo with new depsolver

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 16:43:58 UTC 2007

Terje Rosten wrote:
> * seth vidal
> |
> | is this from cvs-HEAD? If so - what date/time?
>
> I believe it was after this commit:
>
> PatchSet 1902
> Date: 2007/02/18 15:30:57
> Author: jbowes

Odd, I don't know how that could cause it. That commit was very
specific. Can someone create a simple test case?

> I just did a cvs update and now the problem is gone. yum also ignores
> problems with vlc and ekiga and updates all other packages. That is
> expected behavior with the new depsolver I guess?

Yes. I expect the depsolver to be broken right now. :)

There are probably a lot of edge cases that we haven't hit yet. If
anyone comes across one, it would be quite useful to get some dummy rpms
and instructions to reproduce it.

-James