[Yum-devel] problemo with new depsolver

Terje Rosten terje.rosten at ntnu.no
Mon Feb 19 16:28:22 UTC 2007

* seth vidal

| is this from cvs-HEAD? If so - what date/time?

I believe it was after this commit:

PatchSet 1902
Date: 2007/02/18 15:30:57
Author: jbowes
Branch: HEAD
Tag: (none)
Log:
When loading the header for transaction checking, don't check the signature.

rpm will raise an exception when we try to read the header from an fdno, if
we have signature checking turned on and the header's signature is bad or
unknown. At the stage that we're reading the header, we don't care and just want
to get that data.

Members:
        rpmUtils/miscutils.py:1.18->1.19
        yum/depsolve.py:1.120->1.121
        yum/packages.py:1.93->1.94

I just did a cvs update and now the problem is gone. yum also ignores
problems with vlc and ekiga and updates all other packages. That is
expected behavior with the new depsolver I guess?

| The sarcasm isn't really necessary. We know it's slow, we're working on
| getting it 'right' first.

Sorry.

 - Terje