[Yum-devel] Re: [yum-cvs] yum/yum depsolve.py, 1.110, 1.111 rpmsack.py, 1.35, 1.36

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 22:54:07 UTC 2007

Okay, I've turned back on the use of what was the anaconda depsolver by
default.  I've tested the following:
  * Install of new leaf node package
  * Install of new package dep tree
  * Removal of leaf package
  * Removal of specific version of a package
  * Removal of glibc/bash

Correctness of all seems fine[1].  As far as speed, the install cases
seem to be somewhat faster + we won't have to download headers
separately anymore.  The erasure cases are at worst the same
time-wise... some cases seem to actually be faster.

Further testing appreciated.  If anyone finds a case that's not handled
properly, say something.  And if anyone wants to make pretty graphs
showing things being faster, that'd be cool too

Jeremy

[1] Checked by comparing what the actions would be of 3.1.0 vs HEAD