[Yum-devel] announcing repoman!

Tim Lauridsen tla at rasmil.dk
Wed Feb 7 14:18:56 UTC 2007

Chris Lumens wrote:
> David Cantrell and I have been working on a small utility to configure
> yum repositories and made it available publically on Sunday night after
> putting some serious work into it over the weekend.  He sent an
> announcement to fedora-devel-list, but since he's not on this list I
> said I'd forward it along.  For now, the project is being hosted on his
> machine but we'll probably move it later.
>
> Here's the text of the announcement.  My apologies to those who will be
> seeing this twice.  One note modifying the text is that we now do have
> devel packages available since the problem was with the spec file, not
> with the build system.
>
> - Chris
>

> Announcing repoman
> ------------------
>
> Repoman is a PyGTK frontend for configuring common and basic settings
> for yum.  Specifically, it lets users enable and disable individual
> repos easily.  Users can add and remove repositories as well.
>
> Repoman is not meant to expose all of yum's configuration settings in
> GUI form, but rather the common settings most users will care about.
>
> One of the interesting features is the Tracking page.  Users can easily
> switch between stable (with or without updates) or development branches
> and repoman will enable and disable the correct repositories for the
> user.
>
> Repoman also offers a set of Python classes for reading and writing out
> /etc/yum.repos.d files.  The core element is the RepoStanza, which are
> contained in RepoFiles, and all of those make up a Repos collection.
>
> This program is evolving a lot, so help testing and/or coding is
> appreciated.
>
> Repoman is short for repository manager.
>
> DOWNLOAD
>
>    Web page:  http://www.boston.burdell.org/repoman/
>
>    Source archives are available in tar.gz format.  We have RPMs
>    available for Fedora Core 6.  We would have rawhide RPMs available,
>    but we ran in to a problem building on rawhide.
>
> QUESTIONS/BUGS
>
>    Please email me or Chris Lumens (email addresses on web page) if you
>    bug reports.

Hi Chris

I have also started a  project called 'system-config-repo' doing exactly
the same stuff as repoman.

You can checkout the sources and rawhide rpms here:
http://www.yum-extender.org/dnl/system-config-repo/devel/

If you and David are interested we can merge our projects, no need for
two different repository manager projects.

Let me know what you think.

Tim