[Yum-devel] Resolving BuildRequires

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Sat Feb 3 14:55:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to write a yum-based tool to ease the backporting or rpms. This
involves downloading a src.rpm and all its non-installed build
dependencies.

I can't get Yum to resolve the build dependencies. I looked at the
yumdownloader code which does this with binary rpms, and it calls
yuminstance.resolveDeps().

Is yum able to resolve build dependencies at all ? If so, what should I
use ?

Thanks,

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin