[Yum-devel] RFC: Spaces in a repositoryid?

James Antill james.antill at redhat.com
Sun Dec 16 00:37:45 UTC 2007

 So currently the yum.conf documentation says:

[repository] OPTIONS
       The repository section(s) take the following form:

       Example:
              [repositoryid]
              name=Some name for this repository
              baseurl=url://path/to/repository/

       repositoryid
              Must be a unique name for each repository, one word.

...which heavily implies that "repositoryid" must not contain spaces,
however creating a repoid with spaces in it currently works fine as far
as I know[1] ... but I've just created the attached patch which changes
that, as you now won't be able to use --disableexcludes with a repoid
that has a space in it[2].
 So should we just ignore this, allow whitespace in repoid's ... or add
some code to check the repoid for valid chars (and then warn)?

 Also if anyone objects to the patch in general, feel free to
comment :).

[1] I know this because I tried it for a while, before I read the
documentation :).

[2] AFAIK no well known repos have whitespace in them.

--
James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>
Red Hat